Tuesday 31 July 2012

Olympic Rings Inspired Manicure

Living in London I have to admit that I was less than enthusiastic about the Olympic Games because I just thought it was going to be so disruptive to everyday living, however, now that it is here and I have watched it (on the TV) I have been enjoying what I have seen.  On that note I decided to do an Olympic Rings inspired manicure.

It is a very simple yet effective design, so I haven't done a step by step guide, however I will talk through what I have done to get this look.

These are the polishes that I used for my design.

Olympic coloured nail polish


There are the colours for the Olympic Rings in blue (L.A. Colors, Color Craze in Wired), yellow (Barry M in Yellow), black (Revlon in Blackest Black), green (Barry M in Spring Green) and red (Barry M in Bright Red).  For the base of this design I used a Rimmel London French Manicure in French Rose and Collection 2000 Sparkle Top Coat.

Olympic Ring Inspired Nail Art


I always start off with a base coat to protect my nails.  As a base I used my French manicure colour which is a really subtle, but pretty pink, after this had dried I then painted a coat of sparkle top coat to add the extra shine (to hopefully match that of medals!).  Then taking each of the colours of the Olympic rings I painted the tip of my nail, just as you would for a French manicure with each of the colours in the order of the rings.  I finished off with a clear top coat to protect the design.

I hope you agree that this is simple but effective.  Enjoy it if you have a go yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...