Monday 20 January 2014

Polish Party: January Blues - Cinderella Nails

Hi all,

It's nearing the end of the month again and for me that means it's Polish Party time.  This month we decided out theme would be January Blues, doing designs using blue to help cheer up what is supposed to be the most depressing month.  It actually comes in handy that I have to post this month's early as today is Blue Monday, which is supposed to be the most depressing day of the month!

Anyway, enough of that, on to something happy!  What a brilliant way to use one of my Secret Santa presents Sinful Colors in Cinderella.  If you are interested to find out more about the Secret Santa I took part in you can read about it here.


When you move it in the light it has a colour shift effect, with loads of tiny pink glitter particles in it.  You can't really see that in the picture unfortunately.  This is a really sheer colour so would be perfect over the top of another colour for some added shimmer, or if you want to wear it on it's own you will need at least three coats, like I have here.

I was inspired by the name of the polish to create a Disney Cinderella look.  This is one of those colours that really is as described, as it matches Cinderella's dress.  To add a Disney princess touch to my manicure I added silver swirly nail stickers and some simple dots to finish off the pattern.  I thought this looked a bit like the magical swirls when Cinderella's fairy godmother gets her ready for the ball.

I am really pleased with these nails and think they are simple but effective.  Also, what could be better to cheer you up in January that pretty nails combined with Disney!  I'd love to see what different things other people have done with Sinful Colors Cinderella, leave me a link in the comments so I can take a look.

You'll be able to see the other ladies taking part in this months Polish Party by clicking the links below.  Enjoy and share the love x


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's so pretty and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It turned out better than expected which is always good x

      Delete
  2. Love this!! That polish is amazing and the detail is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I thought the swirl stickers worked really well. I was going to hand paint them, but I tried one and it just didn't work how I wanted so then went with this x

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I love that blue, whoever bought it for you must have a good taste in nail polish ;) :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...