Monday 15 September 2014

Cherry Nail Art

Hi all,

I wasn't sure what to do on my nails this week and I was lacking inspiration overall, but I just didn't want to go for a plain colour.  I had seen someone (I'm really sorry I can't remember who) post some cute cherry nails a while ago somewhere on social media so thought I'd give them a go myself as they'd be cute and quite quick.

Cherry-nail-art.jpg

I was away for the weekend so didn't have all my nail bits with with so borrowed this OPI Big Apple Red for my main colour.  I don't normally go for red nails as I'm not sure they're really 'me', but this colour works really well for my design.  

Originally, I used Orly White Out and China Glaze Emerald Sparkle for my base for my cherries and the stalks, but my top coat made a big smudgy mess!  I wasn't happy so I took the the polish off those two nails are started again when I got home.  I ended up using Models Own Snow White and Barry M Spring Green.

Overall I'm not sure how I feel about this design.  Perhaps it's because I wasn't overly inspired this week, so the idea didn't transfer from thought to nail quite as imagined? What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

2 comments:

  1. I really like this design it's cute and red looks amazing on you!! :) xxx

    TheImperfect10.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'm never sure about me and red

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...