Monday 20 October 2014

Halloween Ghost Nail Art

Hello all,

I've made so many lovely nail friends over on Twitter so it's always extra exciting when I get an invitation to join in with a nail art challenge with some of them.  Sara and Rachel came up with the Monstrously Mini Challenge for Halloween.  There are seven different challenges, and I'm not sure that I will be able to do all of them, but I still wanted to join in if I could.  I didn't stick to any particular order and jumped right in with number six 'Your favourite creature'.  You can't think Halloween and not think ghosts.

Halloween-ghosts-nail-art-1.jpg

I took my inspiration from the emoji ghost because he's just fun.  I wanted to go for a simple but cute ghost design and came up with these.

I started with a white base using Models Own Snow White and added the details with Graffiti Nails in Jet.

Halloween-ghosts-nail-art-2.jpg

I have put together a quick step by step for these nails if you wanted to give them a try.

Halloween-ghost-nail-art-step-by-step.jpg

1. Paint your nails white
2. Cut Scotch Tape with scalloped edge scissors, add the tape to the tips of your nails and paint over in black
3. Remove the tape before the black polish dries
4. Add in spooky faces
5. Add a top coat to seal in your design

If you wanted to add an extra spooky step, before you paint on any of the black polish add a coat of glow in the dark polish from Essence.... Oooooooooooo!

Halloween-ghosts-nail-art-glowing.jpg

Sorry about the quality of photo, I'm really not sure how to go about capturing the glow in the dark effect of this polish, but you get the idea.  It's so much fun turning off the lights and seeing the ghosts glowing away.

Make sure you check out the Monstrously Mini Challenge and join in if you fancy it.  There have been some great designs that have popped up already - find them by searching the hashtag #monstrouslymini

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

2 comments:

  1. Aimée, these are so cute! See, I told you would do great! xx Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I especially love them when they glow, just wish I could get a better picture of it! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...