Monday 27 October 2014

Monstrously Mini Halloween Nail Art Challenge

Hi all,

You may have seen last week that I created some cute glow in the dark ghosts for the  challenge created by Sara and Rachel.  I did these because I didn't think I'd be able to do all seven of the challenges.  As I thought about it more I decided that I really wanted to have a go, because otherwise it wasn't really a challenge. However I knew that I wouldn't have time to prepare a full manicure for each theme, so I planned out my designs and did a single nail on a nail wheel for each of them.

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge.jpg


Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-info.jpg

So the themes seem quite straightforward right? Wrong! It took me ages to decide what to do for each one.
1. Your favourite scary movie - Silence of the Lambs

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-lamb.jpg

This one took me the longest to decide on because I'm not really a scary movie fan.  Having said that Silence of the Lambs is pretty creepy, whilst not being a traditional Halloween film.

2. Your favourite horror story - Dracula

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-dracula.jpg

You can't go far wrong with a blood sucking vampire for a good horror story.  I was a little disappointed that his eyes smudged when I added a top coat

3. Your favourite treat/candy - Candy Corn

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-candy-corn.jpg

I've never had candy corn, but I couldn't do Halloween candy nails and not be inspired by Candy Corn could I?  I was really pleased with how this worked out.  I didn't use a sponge to create the ombré effect, but just overlapped the stripes whilst the polish was still wet.  I think it all blended really well.  And then of course, me being me, I added glitter... if you haven't already guessed, I LOVE a lovely glittery nail polish!

4. Your favourite monster - Frankenstein

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-frankenstein.jpg

I have did Frankenstein nails last year so I wanted to do this one slightly different this time around.  I swapped the base colour for a more murky green and made him look a bit more silly by giving him wonky eyes.  Overall Frankenstein is a really simple design to go for though.

5. Your favourite spooky song - Ghostbusters

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-ghostbusters.jpg

Okay, okay... not so much of a spooky song, but there are ghosts in Ghostbusters so that's got to count!  This was by far the most challenging design I picked, but I am really please with how it turned out.  I spent a bit of time umming about whether to outline the ghost in black, but I thought I'd spoil it and then would have been annoyed at myself.

6. Your favourite creature - Spider

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-spider.jpg

Spiders are in NO way my favourite creatures in real life.  I am of the opinion that nothing should have that many legs!  Having said that, I do like a cute spider for Halloween.

7. Your favourite creepy setting - Haunted House

Monstrously-mini-halloween-nail-art-challenge-haunted-house.jpg

I love Disney and one of my favourite rides there is the Haunted Mansion, so what better inspiration for my favourite creepy setting?

I had so much fun thinking and planning each of these designs.  Thank you to Sara and Rachel who invited me to take part.  Which one if your favourite?  Leave a comment and let me know.

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...