Monday 12 January 2015

Blue Stamped Flower Nail Art

This week it took me a while to choose what to do on my nails so I had a bit of a rummage around in my stash for an untried polish.  I had a clear up and organise a while back I haven't got that many untried, but I found Pop Fiction from Miss Sporty and thought it was quite fitting with the cold wintry weather that we have at the moment.

Blue-stamped-flower-nail-art.jpg

Pop Fiction is such a pretty colour, but it was rather tricky to apply. The first coat was quite streaky, and I don't know about you, but I always find a bit disappointing when that happens; It was fine after a second coat though.  The other problem I found was the size of the brush.  It's really wide and when painting it covered almost all of my nail in one stroke, but it wasn't quite wide enough, leaving little gaps down the sides.  I had to be very careful not to get polish all over my fingers.

I then used Models Own Inky blue and my MoYou Pro Plate 09 to stamp on a pretty flower design, but there wasn't as much of a contrast between the two blues as I had hoped.  To fix it, I stamped again with the same design, but turning it the other way around, with Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream. I really like the effect that it has given because you can see all the different blues in the gaps of the pattern and it almost looks like a paisley pattern.

So my nails ended up being a happy accident, but things don't always work out that well.  Do you have any tricks that you do if your nails don't quite go to plan?

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...