Monday 5 January 2015

Sparkly New Year Dotticure

First off let me say Happy New Year everyone, I hope you've had a brilliant holiday season.  Even though Christmas is over (boo) I'm not ready to give up glitter and to be honest I always like to add a bit of sparkle to my nails.

I wanted something fairly simple to do, but looked really effective, so I decided on this sparkly dotticure gradient.

Sparkly-polka-dot-nail-art.jpg

I started off two coats of Bora Bora from Models Own, it's a beautiful fine glitter that gives full coverage.  I then used different sized dotting tools and black and white polish to create the dotticure gradient.  I started with the largest dots at the tips of the nails and then filled in the gaps as I worked up towards my cuticles whilst ensuring that I left space at the cuticles to give the gradient effect.

Polka dots are my 'go to' nail art staple if I want something quick but effective.  What are yours?

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

2 comments:

  1. I am not as accomplished as you with nail art, so my 'go to' is a mega glittery accent nail on each hand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A glitter accent nail is always pretty - good choice x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...