Monday 6 April 2015

My Top Three Nail Colours

Posts like this are really difficult to write because how, out of my collection of 192 colours, can I just pick three?  I figure that if I use a colour a lot that it must be a favourite otherwise why would I keep reaching for it over and over?

I whittled down my choice to these three beauties, and tried to include something for everyone, and to suit most budgets.  Also, they are all great for spring.

Top-three-nail-polishes.jpg

First up at around £2.99 a bottle is Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream.  This is such a pretty and versatile colour.  It's an opaque pink that gives full coverage in two coats.

Barry-m-strawberry-ice-cream-2.jpg

I love combining it with other colours as well as using it on it's own, and there are some other Barry M polishes that compliment and contrast with Strawberry Ice Cream perfectly.

Here is it used in some nail art...

Barry-m-strawberry-ice-cream-nail-art.jpg

Next on my list is Models Own Snow White at £5.00 a bottle.  I don't think I have ever used a whole bottle of nail polish, ever, before it's gone thick and gloopy, but I finished a bottle not so long ago and I am over half way through the replacement bottle.

Models-own-snow-white.jpgModels-own-snow-white-2.jpg

I didn't used to be a fan of white nails, but they have grown on me and I always find myself adding white into my nail art.  I still don't think I would have a plain white mani as white can be very unforgiving and show up any small imperfections.

Here it is used in nail art...

Models-own-snow-white-nail-art.jpg

Lastly I have China Glaze For Audrey.  It's a bit more difficult to get you hands on here in the UK, and is priced differently depending on where you get it from.  I love this colour, and actually have a lot of dupes for it as well (you can see one of them sneaking in above!).

China-glaze-for-audrey-2.jpgChina-glaze-for-audrey.jpg

This is the perfect Tiffany blue, which makes it brilliant for doing Tiffany nail art.

Here it is used in some nail art...

China-glaze-for-audrey-nail-art.jpg

What do you think of my picks?  Do you have any of these or are you possibly thinking about adding any of these to your own collection?

And as a little bonus for you, if my top picks of colours aren't enough, how about my top choice of nail art - dots!

Dotticure-nail-art.jpg

Which one do you like the most?

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

4 comments:

  1. great post, I love Models Own very much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always things it's quite hard to pick colours to do a post like this, but wanted to do something a bit different. Models Own colours are just great x

      Delete
  2. I love these kind of posts! For Audrey looks beautiful, I want to get it but I'm just trying to think if there's anything similar to it in my collection already (I'm trying to save money!). Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! For Audrey is stunning. I have a couple of dupes for it as well. Orly Gum Drop is a good one. I've seen them in Boots before and I think it was about £5 ish. You can see it on my Turquoise Stone post. More recently I have reviewed W7 Tiffany which is also a pretty good one and could be as little at £1.99 depending where you find it online! I'm sure there are probably others as well x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...