Monday 25 May 2015

Pastel Galaxy Nail Art

I have got back into the swing of more detailed nail art over the past few weeks.  I have been doing some more simple things recently, and whilst pretty, I haven't felt overly inspired.  This week I decided to break out lots of shimmery pastel colours and some brights to create a fun pastel galaxy.

Pastel-galaxy-nail-art.jpg

I had always thought galaxy nails would be difficult to do, until I had a go myself using more typical purple shades.  You can see them here.  This time around I wanted to try them them in more spring friendly colours, so as I said, I raided my shimmers and brights to see what I could come up with.
It's difficult to see in my finished manicure, but I used seven different colours, and if you follow me on Instagram you will have seen some sneak peeks I posted before I had finished.

Shimmers-and-brights-nail-polish.jpg

My colours were, Jessica Starlet, Barry M Yellow, Sinful Colors Purple Diamond, Models Own Snow White, Models Own Tropical Sun, Sinful Colors Cinderella, Barry M Limited Edition SLE 2013.  Also pictured is Models Own Chrome Indigo, but I didn't end up using it.

I started with a single coat of Cinderella, and then using small bits of  make up sponge and tweezers I sponged on other colours layering them up until I was happy with the overall look.  To do this I added a few drops of polish to a bit of paper and then dabbed the sponge to get rid of any excess.  I find that it's better to build up the colours rather than start off with a lot.  Also the yellow and green were very bright, so to calm them down I added some white so they weren't too overpowering.  Look how pretty they all looked even on the paper.

Sponging-nail-polish.jpg

The last colour I used was Tropical Sun, and layering that over all the colours at the end has given a really interesting effect because it's a sheer shimmer and it lets some of the other colours show through underneath it.  I finished off with Starlet for a sparkly star filled sky and then used a nail art pen in white to draw on some dots and larger stars.

Unfortunately I don't think my picture has done my finished manicure justice.  I just can't seem to capture all the colours.  I might try and update the post with a little video so you can see the overall look better, but overall I am really pleased with how they turned out.

Thanks for stopping by
Aimée x

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Very pretty! You're really good at galaxy nails, I love your purple ones too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I just wish I could have got a better picture of these pastel ones. I think my one on Instagram showed the colours a bit better though. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...